Starting from scratch on any room gives me major heartburn. The possibilities are endless, and that scares the heck out of me! Luckily, my tighter than tight relationship with Pinterest and Houzz makes starting a new project a little less scary. I knew going into this one, I wanted gray- and lots of it! Grays and whites with just a pop of color (which is currently a fabulous shade of aubergine). And, because I went monochromatic on everything that isn’t easily changeable, I can switch it out for another color at any time. Yay!
I love Las Vegas- and I truly mean LOVE. It is, hands down, my most favorite place on earth! Aside from the fabulous dining experiences, nightlife and all around atmosphere of luxury and intrigue, I’m fascinated by the over the top design that goes into every high-end hotel suite. When designing our Master Bedroom, my mind kept racing back to some of the delicious rooms that I have stayed in while visiting Sin City. No matter which casino it is, they all seem to have their own glitz, glamour and sex appeal. I new right away that Las Vegas was going to be my design inspiration for our new room!
Now, I’m not saying that I expected a TV embedded in our mirrors or floor to ceiling remote controlled window dressings. After all, I am a real girl with a very ‘real’ budget. But, I knew that I could emulate that same sexy, shiny design on my own- and be smart about it!
As my go-to decor store, Z Gallerie was the perfect place to start shopping for my statement pieces. I knew I wanted a massive, stately bed- preferably upholstered in a luxurious velour- and accompanying mirrored furniture. I lucked out on the bed, going with the Ginger Upholstered Bed in my fave fabric color!
Unfortunately, the mirrored side tables that I had hoped for didn’t fit into my budget at $599 a piece. Ouch! After weeks of scouring the internet, I ended up finding suitable replicas from a local, now defunct, discount store for $289 each.
Since I’m never quite satisfied with any project I take on, I know there will undoubtedly be more updates in the future. But, for now, we love our master retreat!
- Bed: Ginger Upholstered Bed $1,799 | Z Gallerie (similar)
- Mirrored Side Tables: by Three Hands Corp $289 | Linens & More for Less
- Lamps: unknown $69 each | HomeGoods
- Orchid Arrangement: | TJMaxx
- Large Corner Arrangement: Floral supplies- Hobby Lobby | White Trophy Bowl $119 – Z Gallerie
- White Corner Table: HomeGoods
- Chandelier: Indoor 4-light Chrome/ Crystal Chandelier $170 | Overstock.com
- Starburst Mirror: HomeGoods
- Charcoal Shag Rug: Paris by Home Dynamix $179 | HomeGoods
- Bedding: Hotel Collection | Macy’s
- Large Toss Pillows: Bukhara 24″ Pillow in Aubergine $69 each | Z Gallerie
- Gray Velvet Side Chair: HD Couture | HomeGoods
- Wall Stencil: Casablanca $39 | CuttingEdgeStencils.com